Check out my recent interview with Bryan Carroll, Stephen Jones, and JD Elquist from Camp 6 group here! This organization was founded very recently and I was requested by them to give me the opportunity to have them interview me as an artist. They host numerous events and parties in Tacoma and they promote the local community greatly. I admire their mission and believe their group will make a positive impact within our wild little city. Here’s an excerpt from their website: “Camp 6 is all about community. We are about promoting the merchants, style, and culture that makes our community what it is. We hope to inspire growth and understanding within our community to create energy that attracts people. We emphasis on local business’s and individual’s to allow for a connection our readers can relate too.” I got a chance to experience one of their initial dance parties held at The New Frontier in downtown Tacoma and it was a blast! My favorite part of the website is their style section. They’ll interview certain people with specific fashion styles, giving a new perspective in the unique style of Tacoma. Look for future events from Camp 6 by checking out their website (located below). If you would like to get engaged with the fashion, culture, and merchants in Tacoma get involved with the group!
To get your Camp 6 experience start here!
In the mean time, enjoy the two other reviews on the recent show “Dawn of 2012.”
Dave Davidson’s review at Tacoma Weekly here.
Look for another future review by Tacoma News Tribune!
- “Dawn of 2012″ Reveals the Future of Art… and the Revival of the Polaroids (reply2julian.wordpress.com)
- Snowpacalypse: Dawn of 2012 Art Show *POSTPONED* (reply2julian.wordpress.com)
- Post Defiance Review on “Dawn of 2012″ (reply2julian.wordpress.com)
- Vote for “Julian Pena (Tacoma/www.julianpena.com)” for “Best Artist” 2013 (reply2julian.wordpress.com)
- Cumulus Collective Makes its First Ripples in the Tacoma (reply2julian.wordpress.com)